Feb 28, 2020
Today, we're excited to be having a conversation with John E.
Grant, the Agile Attorney. John is a compelling thinker when it
comes to law firm economics, law firm efficiency, and law firm
productivity. In today's episode, he shares some of the valuable
lessons he learned from his experience while working for Getty
Images. Be sure to listen in, to find out what John learned about
growing and building a business.
John is an Oregon-licensed attorney with a cool and funny family
history. Currently, he is a member of the Board of Governors of the
Oregon state bar. He is also on the board of the Commons Law
Center, a low-bono legal services organization, in Portland,
Oregon. John also runs a consulting practice, to help lawyers use
Agile and Lean. He started his career working for Getty Images and
he also used to practice as a lawyer. Tune in today, to find out
what he has to share with us.
- John explains who he is, what he does, and how he thinks about
the economics of law firms and legal services.
- One of the strongest lessons that John took away from Getty
- Creating much more market through ease of use and a customer
experience that is as seamless as possible.
- Some of the key insights from Getty that John has brought into
- Bringing agile and lean to lawyers and law firms.
- The internet has made vast amounts of information available to
everyone, for free.
- The biggest hurdle that the legal profession has to
- John explains how he sees productizing legal services, and
delivering them as a well-defined product, as the way forward for
- Thinking about legal products from a Lean and Agile
- Looking at the portfolio model. A productized service for a
- Stepping back and looking at the bigger picture to find the
best problem-solving methodology.
- Setting change in motion by first observing the status
- Very few lawyers focus on creating a quality customer
- The Kanban Board is a great tool to make knowledge-work
- John talks about his courses, workshops, and
Links and resources:
John's website - www.agileattorney.com
John on Twitter - @jegrant3
Find John on Facebook - The Agile Attorney
You can also find John on LinkedIn.